Research and Development
Research is the backbone of academics. It simplifies the concept building and transforms new ideas into innovations in pursuance of a new era of passion for researchers. Each finding gives immense pleasure and multiplies enthusiasm towards achieving target. In a world increasingly propelled by technology, academic research forms the mainspring of a nation’s economic growth. Hence, the key goal of the institution is to provide a creative atmosphere in which higher studies and research thrive amongst the faculty and students.
Hence, our Institution established research departments to raise the research profile and to maximize external research funding. The research departments also promote the Institution’s areas of Research excellence and build the Institution’s Research reputation. They also serve as vehicles for engaging with other Research institutions and industries to facilitate interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary relationships. Policy and advice in research matters is coordinated through a ‘Research and Development Cell’ and number of Committees.
The Research and Development Cell is one of the wings of the institution which facilitates, channelizes all the academic, sponsored, collaborative research projects and consultancy works. It nurtures and promotes research culture among students and faculty by providing a robust platform for sharing and implementing innovative and creative ideas, to facilitate exchange of information and interaction among the various research institutes and industries to develop skilled man power in various fields. The cell enhances the general research capacity of budding technocrats by encouraging them to participate in conferences, seminars, workshops, etc.
Members of Research and Development Cell
- Dr. G. Vasuki, M.Sc., B.Ed., M.Phil., Ph.D. Associate Professor, Department of Mathematics
- Dr. S. Akilanadeswari, M.Sc., Ph.D. Assistant Professor, Department of Chemistry and
- Dr. B. Amudhambigai, M.Sc., M.Phil., Ph.D. Assistant Professor, Department of Mathematics
Policy for Promotion of Research
- To facilitate more interdisciplinary research work to achieve expertise in all domains of research.
- To inculcate the scientific temper among students.
- To implement more society/community oriented research projects which are directed towards the betterment and welfare of the society.
- To publish research articles in UGC approved journals.
- To inculcate the culture of plagiarism free research.
- To organize workshops and seminars periodically to infuse research interest.
- To encourage faculty members and research scholars to obtain patents for their qualitative research.
- To encourage the faculty to participate in conferences and present their research works by providing on-duty.
- To motivate the students to participate in research deliberations.
- To motivate the faculties to obtain Ph.D guideship to promote research activities.
- To persuade the faculty members to enroll in professional bodies to enhance their research sphere.
- To focus on extending consultancy services to industries in order to improve the industry academia linkage.
- To encourage faculty members to collaborate with other universities within India as well as abroad and establish MoUs.
- To publish the research output of faculty and students in Annual Report and Newsletter of their respective departments for disseminating the information to all stakeholders
- To appreciate the Ph.D awardees by the management through rewards and recognition.
- To encourage the research output in the form of innovation, creativity and patents filing by establishing separate cells for these activities.